below i am posting a bit of trivia fun that was sent to me by my mom. enjoy and laugh at what u remember as well as don't remember. some of the answers were on the tip of my tongue but i couldn't remember them. but i definitely remember them. anyway enjoy! 8)
THIS WAS HARDER THAN I THOUGHT.
THE ANSWERS WERE ON THE TIP OF MY TONGUE.
I REMEMBERED, BUT ...
DON'T LOOK BELOW FOR THE ANSWERS UNTIL YOU HAVE TRIED IT.
A TEST FOR 'OLDER' KIDS
The answers are printed below, (after the questions)
But don't cheat! Answer them first.
01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, The grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man?
Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind.
What did he leave behind? ____ ______ ______.
02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964,
We all watched them on The ___ _________ Show.
03. 'Get your kicks, ____ ________ ____.'
04. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to ________ ____ _______.'
05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle,
___ _____ _____ __________.'
06. After the Twist , the Mashed Potato , and the Watusi ,
We 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go In a dance called the '_____________.'
07. Nestle's makes the very best _____________.'
08. Satchmo was America 's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.'
Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us.
His name was ____ _____________.
09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? ________ _______.
10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named _______ ___ ________
And Red always ended his television show by saying,
'Good Night, and '_____ ________.'
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War Did so by burning their ______ ________.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front Was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ___ _______ & ___ __________.
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.'
This was a tribute to ________ ___________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit.
The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's Was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist.
It was called the _______ - _______.
01. The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet .
02. The Ed Sullivan Show .
03. ON Route 66
04. To protect the innocent .
05. The Lion Sleeps Tonight .
06. The limbo
08. Louis Armstrong
09. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless.'
11. Draft cards
( Bras were also burned . Not flags, as some have guessed)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly